Monday 31 March 2014

SUN.

Hellooo, Iona Anderson here.

Been having such a great and busy time here so far!

Travelling here was ...long and tiring but so worth it seeing the amazing views. I settled in fine after buying in our essential food and cracking up the heaters to make me and Rhea's room cosy and more homely.

It still doesn't feel real looking at the mountains or going for train rides seeing the scenery, even the view from our window! It's craaaazy!!

I started work at the Tre Brør café which is just 5-7 minutes away from our apartments, so that's handy. Everyone's so friendly and inviting at my work, which is really comforting and lovely. I've done a whole bunch of things; waitressing, tidying outside, serving and making coffee. I'm slowly beginning to understand small words in Norwegian, it was funny the first few days, the constant "Sorry, can you say that again?".

We went out in a group to Norway in a Nutshell on Saturday 29th and that was unreal! A train ride to Myrdal, another to Flåm (the steepest train track in the world!) and then the ferry trip around the Aurlandsfjord and the Nærøyfjord to Gudvangen. I took heaps of photos (Photo below) and the weather was gorgeous. SO MUCH SUN!

This week we're going to try the Wind tunnel and I'm going to Bergen this weekend. Exciting times!

I'll post again soon.

Iona.

No comments:

Post a Comment